Apply to be a SCCLA Board Member
SCCLA is looking for motivated lawyers to join its 2018-2019 Board of Governors! Founded in 1975, SCCLA is one of the oldest APA bar association in the United States, with the objectives of:
- Advancing the professional growth of Chinese and Asian American lawyers, jurists, and law students;
- Improving the access of the Chinese and Asian American community to legal services; and
- Promoting the interests of the Chinese American and broader Asian Pacific American communities.
Year-round, we organize unique and fun events to promote professional development, continuing education (MCLE), networking, mentorship, and legal skills. It is no surprise that SCCLA current/past board members make up 4 of the 50 Most Influential Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles listed in January 2018’s publication of Los Angeles Business Journal! Join the SCCLA board to be a part of a renowned and historically significant organization, and to make a change in our legal community.
Come attend your very first board meeting at our annual Membership Meeting on February 8, 2018!
“Being on the SCCLA Board is rewarding because we get to networking with amazing people and give back to the legal community by organizing fun, educational & professional events.”
– Elizabeth Yang, SCCLA Treasurer
“Serving on the SCCLA board has been one of the most fulfilling experiences in my professional life. It is humbling to work alongside such distinguished lawyers, whom I am fortunate to call my friends. Being on the SCCLA board has been a most worthwhile investment.”
– Shirley Wei, SCCLA President-Elect
Apply by filling out the attached form below and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Member Application.doc