Sept. 7 – Nov. 5, 2017
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Alhambra High School
101 S. Second Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Attorneys and law students are needed to mentor Alhambra High School’s Mock Trial Team. The program, hosted by the Constitutional Rights Foundation, allows students to take on the roles of attorneys, witnesses, and court staff in a criminal case. Mentors will help students prepare for the annual competition by judging practice sessions and giving feedback on student arguments/performances.
Mentors do not need to participate every week. Mentors will be able to contribute from home the weeks of September 11 – October 2. The scheduled curriculum is as follows:
· September 11 – Review the given case packet.
· September 18 – Email feedback of students’ outlines (submitted two days prior).
· September 25 – Email feedback of students’ first drafts (submitted two days prior).
· October 9 – Preside over/critique first half of Alhambra scrimmage.
· October 16 – Preside over/critique second half of Alhambra scrimmage.
· Week of October 23 – Preside over/critique an inter-school scrimmage (Date TBD).
· November 6 – Give feedback at final practice session.
For more information and to sign up, please email Anthony Hu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 861-1031 by August 1.