For our next SCCLA Cares fundraiser, we're raising funds to people experiencing homelessness.
People experiencing homelessness are among the most affected by the pandemic. We're partnering with Union Station Homeless Services in Pasadena, which provides the most vulnerable members of our society with housing first, so they may stabilize and receive support to stay housed and reintegrate into the community.
Whether or not you're a SCCLA member, you can make a difference and provide a hot meal for just $10. Let them know that #SCCLACares.
Also, for every new SCCLA Member registration, SCCLA will donate one additional meal. For every new SCCLA Lifetime Member registration, SCCLA will donate an additional 10 meals.* There's no better time to join SCCLA!
Donations of any amount are welcome and are not tax-deductible charitable contributions.
* For new member registrations during the SCCLA Cares campaign only. SCCLA memberships run January 1-December 31.
Donating is Simple
1. Choose a payment method:
Venmo @SCCLA or PayPal email@example.com (select Family/Friends option to avoid fees) with the memo “SCCLA Cares.”
2. Complete this short Google Form so we may acknowledge you in our SCCLA Cares campaign and send you a virtual “thank you."
Thanks to your generous donations...
- On May 14, 2020, SCCLA fed Garfield Medical Center's frontline medical responders with a delicious lunch and bubble tea from Bopomofo Café.
- On May 26, 2020, SCCLA fed TELACU-Monterey Park's senior citizen residents with chicken and rice boxed lunches from Ikka Sizzling Pot. For many of these high-risk, low-income senior citizens, trips to the supermarket or restaurants are not feasible, and many who remain at TELACU are weathering the pandemic with no family nearby. The facility has also been receiving fewer food and grocery donations due to social distancing measures. Thank you to the staff at TELACU-Monterey Park who distributed the lunches and continue to serve this community.
- On June 4, 2020, SCCLA fed domestic violence survivors and low-income residents served by the Little Tokyo Service Center with chicken yakisoba lunches from Far Bar. These tenants are working class individuals who had hours cut or lost jobs due to Covid-19 and are struggling to put food on the table. A donated meal is one less day of worry and one big sign of support and hope. Thank you to the owner of Far Bar, Don Tahara, his daughter Jill, and LTSC for their commitment to the community.
- On June 11, SCCLA fed senior citizen residents in Chinatown who were unable to enroll in the City of L.A.'s Senior Meal Emergency Response Program, which is now at capacity. The seniors have no option but to go to the supermarket and cook in the building's communal kitchen, which increases their already high risk of exposure to the virus.
- On June 24, SCCLA fed children in Koreatown through the YMCA's Grab & Go Meal Program. Many low-income families rely on subsidized summer programs and day camp meals for their children's meals. The current pandemic creates hardships for parents, especially those experiencing food insecurity due to loss of employment.
SCCLA thanks our SCCLA Cares donors, without whom none of this would be possible.
100% of the SCCLA Board
Celene Chan Andrews
Felix T. Woo
Jennie Wong VanCannon
Jennifer Love Tang
Hon. Robert Kwan
Sudhir L. Burgaard
Donor list as of 6/25/20 via Google Form
Please feel free to post our donor acknowledgment graphic with the hashtag #SCCLAcares, and follow and tag us on Facebook and LinkedIn
What is SCCLA Cares?
As we all continue to adapt to the new norm during COVID-19, SCCLA would like to do our part for our community.
Through SCCLA Cares, our fundraising campaign, we will use 100% of donations to purchase meals from local restaurants or food trucks to feed our community, such as frontline medical responders, the elderly, and those impacted by the pandemic.
If you know of a local restaurant or community that would like to participate, we'd love to hear from you. Stay tuned for future fundraisers and updates on our fundraising goals. Thank you for supporting your local eateries and communities.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or feedback.
Thank you and stay safe.