SCCLA Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
APABA is now accepting applications for its 2017 Judicial Pipeline Project, an effort to:
· Identify and provide outreach to potential qualified candidates for administrative, trial, and appellate judicial offices in the state and federal systems.
· Assist and advise these candidates in the application and vetting process and the judicial election process, including establishment of a formal mentorship program involving APA judges.
· Create and cultivate relationships to facilitate the appointment of APAs to the bench.
The Pipeline Project will evaluate and assess individuals accepted into the program and tailor its resources to prepare these candidates for the bench. Among the Pipeline Project’s features:
· Confidential Judicial Mentor/Mentee Program. Candidates may have an opportunity to be paired with state or federal judicial officers to discuss, among other things, the candidates' plans for the bench.
· Application Counseling. Candidates will work closely with APABA’s network of advisors to prepare the best possible judicial application.
· Endorsement Counseling. Although participation in the project does not in any way guarantee that candidates will be endorsed by any organizations, the Pipeline Project will advise candidates on obtaining community support for their applications to the extent possible.
· Post-Application Guidance. Candidates will be counseled on what to do after their applications for judicial officer positions are submitted.
· Interview Counseling. If a candidate’s name is submitted to the various vetting and rating organizations, the Pipeline Project will assist the candidate in preparing for interviews with those organizations.
Members of APABA, APAWLA, JABA, KABA, OCAABA, PABA, SABA-SC, SCCLA, and TABA who have been members of the California Bar for at least 10 years can apply here until April 9:
Please contact Roger Hsieh with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHINESE LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
2017 SCHOLARSHIP/FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 5:30 p.m., Friday, April 7, 2017
The Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association ("SCCLA") annually awards several $1,000 Scholarships and two to four $2,000 Fellowships to local Asian/Pacific American law students.
The Scholarships are awarded based on need, academic accomplishments, and/or potential contribution to the Chinese-American community. Law students at all levels are encouraged to apply (including first, third year day, and fourth year evening).
The Fellowship award funds a clerkship at the Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles (“AAAJ-LA”) during the upcoming Fall and Spring school year. Receipt of Fellowship funds is conditioned upon serving as a clerk at AAAJ-LA for a minimum of 15 hours per week for 10 weeks. Please see the attached page for additional information on the Fellowship requirements and guidelines.
There is no clerkship condition for any of the Scholarships.
Completed applications must be received by 5:30 pm, Friday, April 7, 2017.
Applications may be submitted by mail or email only. Please forward completed applications to:
Faith Santoso, Esq.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles
1145 Wilshire Blvd., 2nd Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
The selected Scholarship recipients will be awarded at the annual SCCLA Installation Dinner on Friday, April 28, 2017 at Empress Pavilion in Chinatown, Los Angeles. The selected Fellows will be recognized at the Dinner that same year, but will not be awarded the fellowship title or money until the completion of the fellowship requirements. The official award for fellows will be given at the following year’s banquet. Both the Scholarship recipients and the selected Fellows must attend the April 28, 2017 dinner to receive their awards/selections.
Should you have any questions, please contact Faith Santoso at email@example.com. Thank you.
2017 Scholarship-Fellowship Application.pdf
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob vacancy postings: email@example.comSubscribe to our newsletters: firstname.lastname@example.org