APABA's Judicial Pipeline Project (2020 Class) - Apply by June 8, 2020
APABA is now accepting applications for its 2020 Judicial Pipeline Project, an effort to:
- Identify and provide outreach to potential qualified candidates for administrative, trial, and appellate judicial offices in the state and federal systems;
- Assist and advise these candidates in the application and vetting process and the judicial election process, including establishment of a formal mentorship program involving APA judges; and
- Create and cultivate relationships to facilitate the appointment of APAs to the bench.
Among the Pipeline Project’s features:
- Confidential Judicial Mentor/Mentee Program: Candidates may have an opportunity to be paired with a judicial officer to discuss, among other things, the candidates' plans for the bench.
- Application Counseling: Candidates will work closely with APABA’s network of advisors to prepare the best possible judicial application.
- Endorsement Counseling: While participation in the project does not in any way guarantee that candidates will be endorsed by any organization, the Pipeline Project will advise candidates on obtaining community support for their applications to the extent possible.
- Post-Application Guidance: Candidates will be counseled on what to do after their applications for judicial officer positions are submitted.
- Interview Counseling: If a candidate’s name is submitted to the various vetting and rating organizations, the Pipeline Project will assist the candidate in preparing for interviews with those organizations.
APABA has hosted its Pipeline Project since 2016. Sister bar members who have been members of the California Bar for at least 10 years can apply HERE until June 8, 2020.
Questions? Contact Public Appointments and Judicial Endorsements Committee Chair Roger Hsieh.