APABA is now accepting applications for its 2018 Judicial Pipeline Project, an effort to:
- Identify and provide outreach to potential qualified candidates for administrative, trial, and appellate judicial offices in the state and federal systems
- Assist and advise these candidates in the application and vetting process and the judicial election process, including establishment of a formal mentorship program involving APA judges; and
- Create and cultivate relationships to facilitate the appointment of APAs to the bench.
The Pipeline Project will evaluate and assess individuals accepted into the program and tailor its resources to prepare these candidates for the bench. Among the Pipeline Project’s features:
- Confidential Judicial Mentor/Mentee Program. Candidates may have an opportunity to be paired with state or federal judicial officers to discuss, among other things, the candidates' plans for the bench
- Application Counseling. Candidates will work closely with APABA’s network of advisors to prepare the best possible judicial application.
- Endorsement Counseling. Although participation in the project does not in any way guarantee that candidates will be endorsed by any organizations, the Pipeline Project will advise candidates on obtaining community support for their applications to the extent possible.
- Post-Application Guidance. Candidates will be counseled on what to do after their applications for judicial officer positions are submitted
- Interview Counseling. If a candidate’s name is submitted to the various vetting and rating organizations, the Pipeline Project will assist the candidate in preparing for interviews with those organizations.
Our pipeline project advisors are Judge Holly Fujie, Judge Rupa Goswami, Wendy Chang, and Jason Lee, and other bench officers have supported this effort since its inception in 2016. Sister bar members who have been members of the California Bar for at least 10 years can apply here until April 30.
Questions? Contact Christina Yang or Roger Hsieh, Co-Chairs of APABA's Judicial Endorsements and Public Appointments Committee, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.