SONY ELECTRONICS, INC. IS SEEKING A STAFF ATTORNEY
It's more than just a job… we are creative, passionate people who turn ideas into innovations. We continue to raise the bar on technology; we epitomize quality, innovation, and style and design; and we stretch the boundaries of imagination. At Sony, there is no limit to what you can create. A career at Sony means more than a paycheck - it's a way of life.
The Law Department of Sony Electronics Inc. has an opening for a Junior Attorney. This role is responsible for assisting with the administration, drafting, review, and negotiation of contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors. This position will work with IT business and IT service teams, Procurement, and Post Sales groups, as well as the Law Department, to structure and assist with negotiation and drafting of services contracts, technology and software licenses, outsourcing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other business agreements. The Junior Attorney is required to assist with the analysis of contracts to ensure compliance with company policies, government regulations, specifications, pre-approved templates, business and legal risk tolerances, and other requirements. You will be required to track milestones, due dates, contract periods and documents for the Law Department’s contract management software and obtain contract approvals using such software. You will also be responsible for facilitating management decisions by explaining potential liability exposure commensurate with business opportunities, and for training members of your business units.
Sony is united by a common set of values - FAST: Focus on customer, Accountability, Speed, Teamwork. These values don't stand alone - they correspond to a set of behaviors known as "performance accelerators" that promote job success, business results and cultural change at Sony Electronics. Performance accelerators for this position are: Customer Focus, Process Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Ambiguity, Drive for Results, Self Development and Peer Relationships.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
- Juris Doctorate Degree required
- Must have a current California or other Bar admittance
- Must have 2 to 4 years’ experience, preferred in software licensing, outsourcing contracts, and/or related IT technology services
- Experience in consumer electronics preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization including: verbally, in writing and in a more formal meeting / presentation setting
- Must have strong persuasive and presentation skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision while prioritizing and meeting numerous deadlines
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and then develop and implement solutions as required
- Ability to develop professional relationships, at multiple levels, throughout customer and professional organizations, in all of the specified market segments
- Computer systems, database, networks, or related technical background a plus
- Novatus or other contract management software experience strongly preferred
- Flexibility to travel domestically or internationally may be required
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit: